Admissions at St. Anselm School
As a parochial school of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, St. Anselm’s purpose is to form students in Christian living through a curriculum integrated with the teachings of Christ and Gospel values, administered by dedicated and professional staff of Christian men and women. We offer a strong academic curriculum with several co-curricular programs geared to the average and above-average student.
St. Anselm School is mindful of its mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, and national and/or ethic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or made available to students on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR NEW FAMILIES
- Submit an application together with a $100.00 application fee. Click here for an application.
- When an application is received, parents of applicant will be contacted to schedule a tour of the school with the Principal, Kimberly Orendorff.
- When you visit, you’ll be given the necessary Recommendation Forms to be completed by your child’s teacher.
- Students applying for admission to Grades 1st-8th will be asked to spend a half day at St. Anselm for assessment.
- Students applying for admission to Kindergarten will be invited to an assessment/play day in January/February.
- Once the principal has made the decision to accept a student, an acceptance letter is sent to parents.
- Your child’s application file is complete when:
- The application, photo and application fee have been received.
- The parents/guardians have had a tour.
- The Teacher’s Recommendation Form has been received.
- Copies of the child’s current and past year’s report card and standardized test scores have been received.
- A copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate (if applicable) has been received.
- The student has spent a day at St. Anselm for assessment — Grades 1st-8th.
Acceptance to St. Anselm School is based upon the following:
- A Teacher Recommendation Form has been completed, and there is evidence the student is prepared to meet St. Anselm School’s academic and behavioral expectations. All new students are admitted upon probationary basis and remain on probation throughout the first trimester.
- The student’s records (report cards, standardized test scores) show that he/she has been attending school regularly, that the child is in good academic standing, and has above average conduct/effort grades.
- Kindergarten students must be five years of age by September 1 of their Kindergarten year. First grade students must be six years of age by September 1 of their first grade year. Every first grade applicant will be individually assessed prior to acceptance.
- Proof of immunization must be submitted prior to the beginning of the school year.
- Parents agree to actively support the school’s spiritual, academic, and behavior standards.
*New Student Transfer Fee 1st-8th Grades is $750.00
*Siblings of students in attendance and registered, participating members of the St. Anselm Parish are given priority consideration during the admissions process. St. Anselm School admits students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or made available to students at this school. St. Anselm does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other administered programs.
Questions: Please contact Admissions Director, NiCole Waterman – firstname.lastname@example.org