The St. Anselm Experience
Our team of highly educated and skilled teachers is committed to providing a rigorous and stimulating learning environment, teaching Catholic traditions, and cultivating a lifelong love of learning. At St. Anselm, the needs of our students come first.
Our community of 270 students and 35 faculty members enjoy a beautiful campus with views of Mt. Tamalpais, set in the charming town of San Anselmo. In addition to our homeroom teachers, all of our grades have instructional aides, access to two full-time resource teachers, and a rich curriculum provided by their specialist teachers in all grades, including Science, Spanish, Art, Music, P.E., and Integrated Technology.
St. Anselm is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Our school curriculum follows both the National Common Core Standards and the California State Standards. A loving faith-based environment, small group instruction, and an emphasis on project-based learning and collaboration make St. Anselm the premier parochial school option in Marin County.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
St. Anselm Students are:
Knowledgeable about the teachings of the Catholic Faith who:
- Respect Catholic Teachings and Traditions
- Live the Gospel
- Pray daily and participate in the Mass
Intellectually curious and academically prepared who:
- Have a comprehensive foundation in reading, writing, and math
- Practice independent and collaborative study skills
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity, and enthusiastic learning
Natural care-takers of our community who:
- Understand and demonstrate their role as stewards of the planet
- Contribute to school and community activities
Demonstrating “Do Good, Be Kind” daily who:
- Are socially/emotionally good and kind to others and selves
- Practice safe, legal, and responsible use of technology