Greetings From St. Anselm Extended Day
St. Anselm Extended Day is a before and after school child care program where you create the schedule that works best for your family.
Parents will sign up by projecting their child’s attendance via a monthly calendar provided by, and returned to, Extended Day. The benefit to signing up is that Extended Day is better able to meet the needs of your children with proper staffing, daily fresh, nutritious snacks, and planning for activities, projects, and special events. Families that return calendars also receive a lower hourly rate.
Extended Day is fortunate to have computers, iPads, and printers available for finishing homework, athletic equipment for team and individual play, and games and books for quiet time.
Extended Day looks forward to the return of those families that have used our services in the past and to those families that are new to the school, we offer our warmest welcome.
Sign Up and Payment Plan
- At the first of each month, an Extended Day calendar for the following month will be sent via email. Parents will use this calendar to fill in, to the best of their ability, the days and hours, their child/children will attend Extended Day, for the month.
- Parents will turn in their completed calendars to Extended Day by the 15th of the previous month. The only exception to this deadline will be the month of August and the start of school.
- Days/hours on a completed calendar may be changed with advance notice to Extended Day.
- Morning sessions, 7:30 – 8:00, $5.00
- Afternoon hours are charged at $6.75 per hour, per child, for families that have returned their calendar to Extended Day by the 15th of the previous month. This is the only method to receive the lower rate. There will be a one hour minimum charge with subsequent hours calculated in quarter hour increments.
- Drop-ins (those attending without a submitted calendar) will be charged at the rate of $8.00 an hour, per child. Parents must notify Extended Day when using the drop-in option, either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: 415-454-8667 ext. 15. Advance notice of 24 hours is appreciated. The one hour minimum applies.
- Bills will be sent via email at the end of each month. Please be sure your contact information is up-to-date.
- To avoid a late payment charge of $50.00, billed hours must be paid no later than the 15th of the following month.
- A 10 minute grace period is given for after school late pick-ups, example: 3:15 – 3:25. Once your child is signed into Extended Day all appropriate charges will apply.
- Late charges will apply after 5:30 p.m. ($1.00 per minute)
- Extended Day must be notified if your child/children will not be attending on days for which they have been scheduled.
Days and Hours
- Extended Day is open Monday – Friday except for holidays. Hours are: mornings, 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. and afternoons, 2:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Extended Day will be open for morning sessions only, on the Friday before the Festival of Fun weekend and the last day of school.
- Extended Day will close at 2:00 p.m. on early dismissal days prior to holiday vacations, example: early dismissal Friday before Christmas vacation and early dismissal Thursday before Good Friday. Advance notice (48 hours) that your child will be attending as a drop-in on these days is necessary.
Extended Day is a Nut Free Zone
When preparing a lunch for your child attending Extended Day, please check labels and do not include any food items containing nuts.