St. Anselm Grammar School was built in 1924 by Fr. William Cantwell. When the school opened on August 18, 1924 it had only six classrooms. Rooms seven and eight were added in 1945. The Sisters of Loretto taught in the school from 1924 to 1935. In 1935, the Sisters of the Holy Name replaced them. When the Sisters of the Holy Name withdrew from the school in June of 1981, a lay administrator and teaching staff were hired to continue operating the school. What was the former high school location (1927-1949) has been replaced by the gymnasium building constructed in 1960.